Job Title: Application Engineer
Department: 2320 – Application Engineers
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in N/A:
Lead the design and development of manufacturing processes to achieve our customers’ business goals and expectations using state-of-the-art CNC machining equipment, automation, accessories, and secondary operations.
- Lead development projects to enhance our entire product portfolio
- Collaborate with Methods’ sales team to consult and advise on customer projects and requirements
- Manage the integration of Engineering Services, such as machine tool and automation projects
- Manage the research, design, and purchase of fixtures and tooling
- Remain up to date on latest technology trends that will position Methods to provide leading technology to our customers, dealers, suppliers, and assist others to resolve problems
- Collaborate with Methods’ sales team and service department to provide customer support as needed
- Understand competitor positioning and designs to effectively identify their gaps and benchmarks
- Programming, setup and debug of CNC machines
- Advanced machining knowledge
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance and Quality practices
- Ability to use inspection tools
- CAD / CAM knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally within all levels of the organization and with customers
- Ability to lead effectively and with little or no supervision
- Valid driver’s license and passport
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.