Job Title: Applications Engineer Manager
Department: 2230 NE Service
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
In this position, our engineer will have access to state-of-the-art CNC machines and software to provide application solutions for our customers. You will assist in before, and after-sales support with time studies, test cuts, machine configuration, fixture/tooling design, programming, turnkeys, and training on Methods of advanced machine tool systems at our facilities and at customer facilities nationwide.
*Ability to travel is a must
- Presale time studies, process recommendations, tool selection and work-holding concepts
- Training of customers at Method’s facilities and customer facilities nationwide
- Generate Engineering proposals and presentations for customers
- Servicing customer with phone and onsite support
- Programming of customer parts
- Debugging and setup of complete machine tool systems
- Writing technical processes/manuals for turnkey solutions
- Managing tasks to a specific timeline meeting delivery dates
- Strong CNC machining background
- Mechanical aptitude
- CNC Controls emphasis (Fanuc preferred)
- Machine tool programming using CAD / CAM
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with co-workers and customers
- Proficient in math
- College, Engineering Degree Preferred
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.