Job Title: CNC Field Service Technician
Department: 2230 NE Service
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
Methods Machine Tools has an immediate need for an experienced CNC Service Technician to work in the New England (NE) area. This position will report to the Sudbury, MA. The qualified candidate will be highly skilled and motivated to perform installations, preventative maintenance, and corrective repairs for customers within that territory. Travel and/or overnight is involved.
- Responsible for diagnosing and repairing milling & turning machines at the customer’s facility
- CNC control repair & electronics as well as mechanical systems
- Knowledge of automatic tool changers and pallet systems
- Ballscrew & axis support bearing replacement & alignment
- Spindle replacement and repairs
- Hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair
- Turret repair and alignment
- Must have a strong ability to read mechanical drawings and part prints
- Electrical and electronic troubleshooting background
- Ability to read and follow ladder and wiring diagrams
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical assemblies
- Use of digital multi-meter, ohmmeter, and phase checker
- Applicant should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in CNC field service and knowledge of Fanuc controls. CNC programming experience is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Ability to stay calm during stressful situations
- Professional appearance
- Dependable transportation & good driving record required
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.