Job Title: Data Analyst
Department: 2230 NE Service
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
Methods Machine Tools is looking for a Data Analyst to join our sales operations team. Our mission is to manage our business through key insights from business data and analytics, leveraging business systems.
Based on your understanding of data analytics, you will be gathering requirements for reporting on key business metrics, developing executive reports, and self-servicing dashboards to be utilized by Sales, Operations, Product Managers, and Executive staff.
In general, you will be an organized and collaborative team member with good communication, analytical and technical aptitude with the ability to deliver solutions for the business. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships, leveraging your thorough understanding of analytics. You are capable of understanding data analytics and reporting on key operational metrics, including best practices, to apply a disciplined and detail-oriented approach to execution.
- Design, build and maintain business dashboards
- Support ad hoc dashboard and data requests to provide insights to various teams
- Analyze large volumes of data using various tools such as Snowflake, Power BI, and Salesforce
- Document processes, best practices, and requirements in an accessible way for technical and business stakeholders
- Develop and provide training on new and existing dashboards to various business units
- Deliver custom projects using SQL, Excel, Power BI, and other software
- You must be proactive, self-driven, have endless curiosity, empathize with our customers, and possess the aptitude to dig into complex datasets to answer questions that our stakeholders are asking
- Bachelor’s degree with an analytical or technical focus (i.e., Statistics, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in data analysis or reporting role
- Microsoft Excel Experience with VBA Programming skills
- SQL experience in a professional office setting developing queries, views, and stored procedures
- Hands-on experience in Power-BI
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and maintaining BI reports, optimizing efficiency in manipulating data, and writing complex queries
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.