Job Title: EDM Applications Engineer
Department: 2320 – Application Engineers
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
This engineer will have access to state-of-the-art CNC EDM machines and software to provide EDM application solutions for our customers. He/She will assist in pre-sale and post-sales support with time studies, test cuts, machine configuration, fixture/tooling design, programming, turnkeys, and training of Methods advanced machine tool systems at our facilities and at customer facilities nationwide.
*Ability to travel, required
- Time studies, process recommendations, and work-holding concepts
- Demonstrating EDM equipment on new and existing applications
- Machining customer parts to show machine capabilities
- Training of customers at Method’s facilities and customer facilities nationwide
- Servicing customers with both phone and onsite support
- Programming customer parts on CNC machines
- Debugging and setup of complete machine tool turnkey systems
- Managing tasks to a specific timeline and meeting delivery dates
- Occasional international travel may be required for technical training
- Wire EDM programming and operation experience
- Familiarity with machining operations
- Experience with precision measurement equipment
- G D & T
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with both co-workers and customers
- Prompt and Courteous
- EDM Machining Experience (5 years minimum)
- High School Graduate, Required
- College Industrial Engineering Degree, preferred
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.