Job Title: Electrical Assembler
Department: 1240 – Electrical
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
The Electrical Assembler group builds electrical and mechanical subassemblies and integrates them into higher-level assemblies. The skill sets require the use of both electrical assembly hand tools, i.e., crimpers, cutters, drivers, soldering tools, as well as mechanical assembly tools, i.e., hand drills, wrenches, and drivers. You will be working Monday through Friday with a half-hour lunch, 40 hours total per week.
*You will need access to a vehicle.
- Read Bill of Materials to pull the necessary components for electrical kits
- Interpret electrical schematics to assemble electrical kits
- Assist in the development and accuracy of kit documentation, including drawings, files, engineering records, prints, and build sheets for electrical kits using SOLIDWORKS
- Assist in testing and inspection, using magnifying devices, measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects to improve workflow and product quality
- Additional responsibility to be allocated upon proven proficiency in daily assignments
- Willingness to learn and be trained
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and ability to retain communicated information
- Ability to adjust to shifting work priorities
- Ability to interpret drawings
- Positive, team-player attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Skills in soldering, technical documentation, and SolidWorks are a plus
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.