Job Title: Field Service Manager for Texas & Louisiana
Department: 3930-Texas Service
Location: Dallas, TX
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Dallas, TX:
Methods Machine tools seeks multi-talented Service Manager. While we are ideally looking for someone with prior people management experience, we are open to candidates with a strong technical background looking to make the move to a management role. Candidates should have training and solid experience working with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric and electronic systems. Applicants must have an understanding of electronics, motion controls, relay logic and Windows PCs. Deep Technical expertise is not required, but a working knowledge is necessary to be successful. Superior organization skills, ability to supervise and motivate field technicians and juggle multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment is required.
This position includes some “Field Service” when our Techs need help as well as some customer visit. Applicants should expect 10-20% overnight travel. Destinations are mostly domestic but some international trips to work with vendors on new machinery and improvements is required.
- Support customers by effectively interfacing with customer and technicians in repairing equipment and planning maintenance as needed within Operational-level agreements.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs or inspections.
- Maintains rapports with customers by investigating complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection reports.
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining good response time, informing customer of problems, and completing the job in a timely and efficient manner.
- Confirm job completion and drive billing and invoicing within Operational-level agreements.
- Perform HR documentation, annual reviews and goal setting.
- Service Manager shall keep an updated report of the work performed, problems encountered and the customer satisfaction of the field service representatives they manage. With this report, the Service Manager shall find out which field service reps need more training and which ones are the most efficient.
- Seeking a Service Manager who shall monitor the performance and efficiency of regional field service representatives.
- Service Manager shall also be responsible for the performance of the given territory regarding OLA, revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
- HS Diploma plus some post HS technical training or college
- Prior Field service experience is required
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Knowledge of CNC Motion control systems
- Strong organization & communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience setting up and repairing CNC Machine Tools.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyze information.
- Ability to maintain good client relationships.
- Ability to coach and mentor employee along a continuum of development
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Safety oriented.
- Maintain confidentially.
- Quality focus.
- Results driven.
- Good driving record.
- Experience working with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric and electronic systems
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- CAD experience
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.