Job Title: Machine Production Assembler
Department: 1210 – Robodrill
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Machine Production Assembler based at our corporate headquarters in Sudbury, Massachusetts. The Machine Production Assembler is responsible for the integration of value-added options (chip management systems, high-pressure coolant systems, work holding tables, mist collection units, etc.) and associated equipment to a variety of CNC machine tool platforms (vertical and horizontal turning centers, lathes, etc.) as well as the installation and setup of machining centers on the production floor.
Daily responsibilities will require collaboration with team members from production and other departments to install equipment effectively and in a repeatable manner. This position may be required to work overtime to support meeting production requirements. This position may also be asked to occasionally visit local customer sites to support field service work.
- Consistently follow all safety and work procedures and immediately notify management of any safety issues
- Set-up/install CNC machine tool platforms on the Methods production floor
- Mechanically and electrically install factory and Methods options per work orders
- Perform system and functional tests of all options installed at Methods
- Prepare machine tools for shipment and/or storage
- Communicate installation hurdles encountered and offer solutions where possible
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Perform other appropriate tasks and duties as assigned
- Quality/completeness of work
- Proper fit and functionality of installed machine and options
- Physical appearance of installed options
- Ability to install complex/difficult options
- Individual production output meeting targets
- Workspace and workbench cleanliness
- Ability to perform a task independently vs. with assistance
- Flexibility to work across numerous machine platforms
- Flexibility to work on other duties and tasks assigned
- The ideal candidate should have 2 or more years of mechanical assembly experience working in a machine tool, automotive, aerospace, or other industrial setting
- Proficiency with basic hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, torque tools, wire crimpers, soldering irons, and other typical shop floor hand tools
- Proficiency with power tools such as die grinders, drills, jigsaws, hydraulic punches, and overhead cranes
- Knowledge of basic Electrical Safety and experience stripping, crimping, and soldering electric wiring and connectors
- Metal fabrication (drilling, cutting, grinding) experience is strongly desired
- Ability to ready drawings, prints, and schematics
- Computer literate and proficient with common Microsoft Office applications including Outlook e-mail, Word, and Excel. Experience with shop-floor control and ERP software is strongly desired.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Self-motivated, goal driven, and able to act both independently and as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication including e-mail
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time up to 8 hours
- Be able to safely lift loads up to 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.