Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer Co-op – Spring 2023
Department: 2320 – Application Engineers
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. is a leading supplier of cutting-edge precision machine tools and solutions – providing superior products, engineering and automation, parts and service. Methods Machine Tools Inc. has opportunities within its Automation Engineering division and is seeking a mechanical design engineer dedicated to designing automation components. The Mechanical Design Co-op will assist the efforts for the design of mechanical robotic system components and mechanical assembly. You will be working Monday through Friday, with a 1 hour lunch, 40 hours total per week. You will need access to a vehicle.
The Co-op will work closely with application engineering, production, sales, and management.
- Design robotic mechanical components using SOLIDWORKS
- Detail 2-D drawings of designed components
- Mechanical and electrical assembly, and installation of Robot and robotic system components
- Strong collaboration with applications engineering and production to drive people, equipment, materials and facilities to exceed customer expectations while meeting internal financial and operational metrics.
- Basic machining/fabricating of mechanical components using equipment such as the Bridgeport
- Strong mechanical & electrical aptitude
- Troubleshooting and decision making skills
- Ability to generate and interpret CAD models and drawings
- Ability to execute on directives given from automation engineers
- Effective communication – both written and verbal
- Personnel management
- Mechanical assembly skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities
- Basic machining skills are a plus
- Must be pursuing a technical or bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering discipline
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.