Job Title: National Field Service Technician
Department: 1360- National Feild Service Engineer/Tech
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
- CNC Field Technician will support Methods direct offices and area distributors by performing field service repairs, preventative maintenance, and installs on CNC machine tools.
- Travel will be local to NE, nationally, and occasionally internationally.
- Support Methods Sudbury Production Department by performing installs and needed repairs as well as train Production personnel.
- Provide customer service support to customers with complex issues via phone and email.
- Provide expert level field service troubleshooting and repairs on CNC Machine Tools as well as preventative maintenance and machine installs
- Work with, and train, Production personnel on machine installs and repairs
- Train and communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Work in coordination with National Service Team to drive improvements and ideas
- Serve as a consultant in field of expertise with other parts of the methods organization and share best practices.
- Assist National Call Center and customers via phone, email, and Zoom with complex questions, when available
- Write procedures and documentation
- Maintain current product knowledge through self-study and utilization of available training
- 10 years minimum experience repairing CNC Machining Centers
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities
- Strong ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Knowledge of automatic tool changer and pallet systems
- Ball screw, bearing, and linear guide replacement & alignment
- Spindle replacement and repairs
- Hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair
- Experience with Fanuc controls and components
- Experience with reading and following PLC ladders
- Ability to write PLC ladders is a plus
- Use of digital multi-meter, ohmmeter and phase checker
- Ability and willingness to travel daily
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally on short notice
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Ability to stay calm during stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of customer employees (Operator – Company President)
- Professional appearance
- Dependable transportation and valid driver license required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Service Now experience a plus
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a passport
- US citizenship a plus
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.