Job Title: Parts Specialist
Department: 1400 – Parts orders
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
Parts Specialists use their expert parts and customer service skills to understand the client’s needs for satisfactory machine parts delivery. Parts Specialists also look up part numbers, look up current inventories, process parts orders, provide order updates and handle internal and external customer parts issues. Their duties include interfacing with the parts and service software packages, providing order updates, and building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Create parts orders for our internal service technicians and external customers
- Provide technical support for parts research and cross-referencing
- Provide order updates to customers and internal service technicians
- Documentation of support provided within our software systems
- Record customer details and transactions
- Manage complaints, returns and resolve customer grievances
- Review customer account information and make changes to appropriate system
- Educate clients about the company’s parts offerings
- Provide accurate parts order estimates
- Interact with customers, listen to their questions and concerns and provide timely documented responses
- Answer telephones and respond to email inquiries in the office using the prescribed policy and procedure
- Maintain good relationships with parts providers and clients
- Ensure each client is given the necessary contact and follow-up information for their parts request
- Assess the parts needs of customer, accurately and quickly documents their issue and resolves it or connects them with the correct resource
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience in sales, customer relations or related positions
- Excellent customer service skills such as written & verbal communication
- Problem-solving and listening skills
- Ability to understand technical drawings and reference materials
- Patient disposition and ability to resolve conflicts
- Knowledgeable of computer applications and industry-specific software
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.