Job Title: Process Engineer Co-op – Spring 2023
Department: 1100 – SUD Process Engineering
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. is a leading supplier of cutting-edge precision machine tools and solutions – providing superior products, engineering and automation, parts and service. A co-op position is available in our Process Engineering department working with the Quality Manager. The Process Engineering Co-op will lead the efforts for process improvement and waste elimination throughout operations, engineering, and business practices. This position requires a high energy positive attitude with the capability and desire to be engaged in cross-functional teams and drive projects to completion on time and within budget. You will be working Monday through Friday with a 1 hour lunch, 40 hours total per week with opportunity for overtime. The Co-op will work closely with application engineering, production, sales, and management.
*Travel: You will need access to a vehicle
- Strong collaboration with engineering and production to drive people, equipment, materials, and facilities to cost effectively exceed customer expectations while meeting internal financial and operational metrics
- Gain an understanding of and apply lean six sigma principles to the manufacturing environment and business operations
- Work closely with site leadership team and corporate leaders to achieve overall business goals
- Document work completed and results achieved. Develop and update standards as changes are made.
- Audit of completed projects to sustain improvements
- Participate in cross-functional teams in continuous improvement activities
- Develop & implement sustainable 5S, visual control, Standard Work, Transactional Process Improvement, & Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programs. Facilitate these efforts within assigned areas as directed by the Methods executive management team
- Project management
- Ability to work independently
- Sense of urgency
- Analytical skills
- Ability to develop strong working relations
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Word
- Effective communication
- Decision making
- Six Sigma and Lean Awareness/ Certification (Preferred, not required)
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.