Job Title: Product Manager FANUC EDM
Department: 2000 – Sales Management
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available with Methods:
Methods is looking for an experienced Product Manager for Fanuc EDM products to be rebranded and sold as Methods RoboCut, exclusively in North America. This role will be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The Product Manager will interact with the OEM and manage the entire product life cycle of all the EDM products in our portfolio. The Product Manager serves as the focal point to ensure all the technical needs are met with quality, cost-effective products and delivered on-time. Internally, the Product Manager interacts heavily with our internal functional organizations such as sales, marketing, engineering, and production teams as the products are prepared for sales and servicing in market.
Product Managers provide key up-front interaction with new and existing customers in understanding their needs and requirements and work closely with our branch offices, General Managers and Sales and Applications Engineers to scope and capture market share with EDM products. The Product Manager then matches those up with our design and production capabilities and provides quotes for products based on drawings and specifications. The candidate will be responsible for meeting key performance targets and objectives that will be reviewed regularly. We’re interested in enhancing efficiency and effectiveness in making our products a competitive advantage such that our customers realize measurable superior value in our products and delivery.
*Travel as needed
Market and Sales Analysis:
- Determine and understand the needs and expectations of the market. This often includes concepts for products that aren’t fully developed requiring the Product Manager to assist in refinement of the specifications.
- Create a well-thought-out, long term product vision and strategy for the product line.
- Help Sales teams facilitate machine sales and achieve market share goals.
- Based on customer requirements and designs for products, the Product Manager prepares customer product quotes, often using detailed information requiring clear understanding of the specifications to be documented.
- Coordinate with the customer and work with the Methods design and production teams to establish product delivery schedules.
- Maintain customer satisfaction ensuring that any issues with quality, timeliness, or any customer concern are addressed quickly and be the liaison to the OEM where required.
- Strategically work with Executive Team, Engineering, Sales and Supply Chain leaders in forecasting customer activity and resulting resource and materials requirements.
- Prioritize product features and capabilities to sell into different markets, industries and applications.
- Manage machine inventory and forecast machine ordering.
- Create and engage in Branch Office and Distributor Training, QBR material preparation and Product Development Roadmap.
- Participation in QBR, iBRM, in trade shows, open houses, sales events, etc. will be needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Engage with production to monitor and escalate issues impacting production schedules to ensure customer delivery schedules are met, including assisting with expediting of parts shortages or other sources of delay
- Knowledgeable resource for the sales teams regarding machine capabilities, options, and accessories.
- Prepares, coordinates, and conducts manufacturing reviews to review drawings and the required production process with the manufacturing team
- Prepares Bill of Material (BOM) for products and makes changes to existing BOMs to ensure all purchased and manufactured parts are identified
- Maintain standard cost, labor hours for the production of parts for each operation in the production plant, and monitor performance against standard
- Request new part numbers for purchased parts as required for BOMs
- Input new routings and rule sets for CPQ and the ERP system with accurate operation times and update as required to reflect best standard times
- Review job costs and update BOMs and/or routings to ensure accurate parts, operations, and standard costs
- Work up to managing the Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) & Corrective Action & Preventative Action (CAPA) with Fanuc America / Fanuc Japan
- Strong leadership skills with a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills.
- Negotiation with OEMs
- Sales of EDM machines in North America
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Ability to read and understand design drawings and models and develop quotes from them as well as instruct others on steps required for manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-demand environment and ability to multitask and stay organized
- Keen attention to details is required for the development of BOMs, routings, and quotes, as well as in the oversight of the manufacturing process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), with emphasis on Excel as it is used heavily for BOMs, quotes, order analysis, and other functions.
- Ability to work under limited supervision to achieve customer satisfaction and timely delivery of products.
- Strong influence management skills are needed in working with design and production departments and in managing customer interactions.
- Experience in creating and deploying process to resolve issues and/or increase quality or efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS from an accredited college/university preferred
- Minimum 5- 10 years product management experience at mid-size organization.
- 3-5 years’ experience with EDM product management preferred
- 1+ years’ experience with ServiceNow, Cloud Suite Industrial (CSI) and Sales Force preferred
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.