Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst Co-Op Spring 2023
Department: 1150 – Production Management
Location: Sudbury, MA
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. was established in 1958 with three employees and a handful of refurbished machines. Since then, the company has become one of the largest privately owned machine tool importers in North America.
Methods designs and implements custom machining setups, including machine tool selection, automation integration, and turnkey automation cells. The corporate campus in Sudbury, Mass., comprises a showroom/technical center, which contains automation, applications, and a full range of cutting-edge machines. Methods has more than 375 employees, nine technology centers, one high precision machining center, and has installed in excess of 40,000 machines throughout North America.
We currently have the following career opportunity available in Sudbury, MA:
Methods Machine Tools, Inc. is a leading supplier of cutting-edge precision machine tools and solutions – providing superior products, engineering and automation, parts and service. A co-op position is available in our operations department working with the Director of Materials. The Supply Chain Analyst Co-op will lead the efforts for process improvement and waste elimination throughout operations, engineering, and business practices. This position requires a high energy positive attitude with the capability and desire to be engaged with the team and drive projects to completion on time and within budget. You will be working Monday through Friday with a 1 hour lunch, 40 hours total per week.
The Co-op will work closely with application engineering, production, sales, and management.
- Comprehension of key supply chain fields: Materials/Inventory, Logistics/Warehousing, Planning/Demand Management, Production, etc.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate using strong verbal, written and listening skills
- Passion for solving complex business problems
- Adapt quickly to change while taking on new responsibilities in a fast-paced team environment
- Proactive nature and action-oriented
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL a plus
- Ability to translate business needs into operational dashboards and models through Analytics tools (i.e. Birst, Tableau or Power BI)
- Assignment may be virtual/remote, or with other business critical roles onsite
- Career mentorship is available with endless networking opportunities
- For roles that require you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
- Project management
- Ability to work independently
- Sense of urgency
- Analytical skills
- Good computer skills including Excel and Word
- Effective communication
- Decision making
- Six Sigma and Lean Awareness/ Certification (Preferred, not required)
- Must be in good academic standing at their university with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at the time of internship (i.e. graduating in December 2022 or later)
- Must be pursuing a technical or bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering discipline, supply chain, operations, etc.
Methods Machine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.